Bernie Hartung

& Associates

(859) 277-7337

GAS FURNACES

  • What is AFUE? AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. Current model furnaces (natural gas or liquid petroleum fueled) are required to have a minimum AFUE rating of 80 percent. Our offerings range from standard 80% efficiency models, up to high efficiency models (96% or higher) that achieve near-total efficiency.

80% EFFICIENT  

 

  • How do 80% efficient furnaces work? A standard 80% efficient furnace uses at least 80% of the fuel it consumes to generate heat, while the remaining 20% of heat energy is exhausted via the furnace’s venting system. In layman’s terms – for every dollar spent to heat your home, you are getting .80 cents worth of heat, with a .20 cent loss. Standard 80% furnaces utilize a conventional metal vent pipe system, typically vented vertically thru the exterior of your home.

96% EFFICIENT 

 

  • How do 96% efficient furnaces work? A high efficiency furnace (AFUE rating above 90 percent) is considered a “condensating” furnace. It utilizes a secondary heat exchanger to extract heat from the exhaust gases that would otherwise be lost thru the furnace exterior venting system with less efficient models. In layman’s terms – for every dollar spent to heat your home, you are getting .96 cents worth of heat. The venting system differs from conventional 80% furnaces, requiring PVC venting pipes connected to your furnace, vented vertically, or horizontally to the exterior.

Location Map

Location

Bernie Hartung and Associates
137 MacArthur Ct,
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 277-7337

Business Hours

Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed

Licenses

HM05719
HI-102550
109696 RT
AARST ID: A6112
CE19863
LFUCG 10148

© 2018 Bernie Hartung & Associates
Website Designed by RB Design Studio, LLC | Admin Log-In